Famous Last Words: Coming to a Close

Famous Last Words

The semester is coming to an end, and so is my journey of working for a 4.0 this semester. So far, I've made it, so I just need to push through until the very end! I've already completed one class with an A, so I don't have to take that final, and now I am working through the final week for Indian Epics. I'm doing plenty of extra credit to make up for points that I missed, but I know I can do it! I'm really excited about how finals week will play out, because I've worked really hard. I'm a little nervous, but I know if I just focus on one thing at a time, it'll all work out.

This class has been so much fun! It was a great break from the monotony of regular tests and textbook work, and I've enjoyed the format so much. It was something really new, especially since this is also the first online class I've taken at OU. It helped me get back into writing, a hobby I've always enjoyed but never seemed to have time for. My favorite story that I wrote during the semester is probably my very first one, as I went a little overboard and made it nearly 1000 words. I was just getting into the swing of things, and I wanted to make a good impression with my humor and storytelling. Since then I've learned new things, like how to compress stories without taking out any important details and how to take notes on a story before jumping into the writing process. I think my writing has improved a great deal, and I'm excite to share my completed Storybook with my friends! And now that I know how to use Blogger and Google Sites, I might even make more once the class is all done!

In case anyone reads this, I loved reading all of the stories of my  peers. I absolutely LOVE seeing other peoples' writing, and I'm glad I got the chance to through this course. I feel as though I've met each of y'all in person because I got a sense of who you were through your introductions and writing styles (especially when y'all included your interests, like Dr. Who and golf). It's been an amazing experience, and I can't wait to recommend this class to more of my friends:)

Image result for rin kagamine wave
Rin Kagamine by Rin-Kagamine-CV-02 on DeviantArt.

Comments

  1. Congrats! That's awesome that you were already able to finish one of your classes with an A and NOT have to take the final. That's ALWAYS a plus! I agree with you that this class was such a break of monotonous tests and reading. And yes, I loved reading everyone's work this semester as well. Good luck to you as you finish up with this class and your others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haley! I hope you are finishing strong through the last weeks of the semester. That's pretty cool that you are already done with one of your classes and even cooler that you finished with an A. I also enjoyed this class. I completely agree that its nice to have a break from the same ole tests and homework classes. I hope you can kill it in your other classes and finish with that 4.0! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts