Growth Mindset Cats: They Inspire Me

Growth Mindset Cats


Image from Laura Gibbs's Growth Mindset Blog on Blogspot.com

I'm actually much more of a dog person (I have a cat allergy) but that never stops me from trying to pick them up and give them my red-eyed, sniffly love.

That said, I loved this fluffy inspirational cat here. This image spoke to me for two reasons: one, I struggle with feedback sometimes. It's hard for me not to take things personally sometimes because all I want is for everyone to like me and think I'm great, so  sometimes negative feedback really bothers me. I have to remind myself that feedback is something I can use to better myself, because I'm improving all the time!
Second, the kitty is looking in a mirror and looks almost angry (as most cats do). I've struggled with my physical self-image a LOT as an adult, and it hasn't really gotten much better. I'm self-conscious, and I had some issues with eating in the past that took a toll on how I viewed myself and thought about myself. Adding such an important phrase about feedback to an image with a mirror serves to remind me that  my negativity towards myself is NOT feedback, it's unhealthy. If I want to make a difference, then I need to start making constructive comments for myself rather than just being negative.


Image from Laura Gibbs's Growth Mindset Blog on Blogspot.com

This kitty also spoke to me because I relate to him so much. Whenever I get amped up about something I've learned, I make sure and teach it to ALL OF MY FRIENDS. My boyfriend knows more about sociological theories and my sexual deviance class than I think he ever wanted to know. I'm always down to discuss what I'm learning with you, especially if I've got plenty of time. I even make the same face as this cat, I'm so excited. I will give you any sources you need to read more, or answer any questions you may have, and sometimes I just keep talking even when you stop listening. I think it's a pretty good trait to have, but I will admit that I can go a little overboard. Perhaps I can just remind myself of this cat and wait for the other person to actually ASK first.

Comments

  1. Hi Haley! I really enjoy these growth mindset cats. I think it is a very clever way to get an idea across. The two that you have chosen are pretty interesting. I really relate to the second one you chose. I am the same way in that whenever I really enjoy something I learn about I want to tell everyone about it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts