Tech Tip: The Canvas Mobile App

The Canvas Mobile App

I downloaded the Canvas app for my iPhone (5) at the beginning of this year because I felt it would really help me stay on track with my studies and push me towards my goal of a 4.0 for the semester. So far, I have to say, it's saved my butt a few times. I get push notifications for upcoming assignments, feedback on already completed ones, and notifications for when I get an email that was put through from Canvas. I don't have to anxiously refresh my email waiting on messages from professors, and I get the absolute thrill of having a heart attack when I get that "Assignment Graded" pop-up. It's so much better than constantly checking back on the website or accidentally missing an important message because you HAVEN'T checked in in a while.

I thought it would be a nuisance to have, but honestly I've found it to be more fun to use than the website, especially since you can have the homepage showcase each of your overall grades rather than click through the links to find the specific grade you're looking for. It's so convenient since it's on your phone and you can just click through everything rather than open up a cumbersome laptop. It's also surprisingly up to date, so it's not hard to navigate through the tabs and all of the formatting is in good shape.

My only complaint is that you can't really submit assignments this way (if they involve DropBox), but that's something that is probably best done on a computer anyway.

Comments

  1. Hi Haley. I love having the canvas app on my phone. I can really relate to what you wrote here. It's so nice having all of your school info in your pocket and not having to get out your computer every time you want to look at something. It has helped me so much as far as keeping track of my assignments and grades. Also, I completely understand that heart attack feeling of seeing the "Assignment Graded" notification.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts